What Are the Characteristics of Naeen Carpets?
What are Lachak and Toranj?
One of the decorations and furniture of every house, especially in Iran, is the carpet, which is necessary due to its relatively high price.
The root of the carpet is the outermost part of the carpet that hangs from it in the form of white threads. The probability of carpet root rotting and changing its shape due to unprincipled operation is high, and finally, the main body of the carpet is also damaged. Stay with us to review the methods of protecting the carpet roots.
How to protect the roots of the carpet: Using cover, tying and…
Using carpet root cover
Covering the carpet roots is the best way to protect the carpet roots. Covers are available in different materials in the market, but the net body is the best because:
- It causes air exchange and prevents root rot.
- These types of covers keep the roots of the carpet and prevent contamination and dirt from penetrating the roots.
- It makes the roots of the carpet regular and prevents damage to the roots due to walking on the carpet.
- In this type of cover, chemicals such as glue are not used, and only the outer end is closed with adhesive tape.
- Covering the root of the carpet increases its life, and there is no need to repair the carpet.
- Carpet root cover is readily available and can be obtained from carpet cleaners.
Disadvantages of using carpet root cover
- The carpet root cover should be changed every few months.
- Some covers are not of good quality and cause damage to the roots of the carpet and its decay, so be careful in choosing the right cover.
Tying the roots into Simpls, double knots and window shapes
One of the methods of protecting the carpet roots, which is especially useful for hand-woven carpets and prevents carpet roots from being damaged, is tying the roots.
The methods of tying the roots of the carpet are:
Simple knot: The carpet roots must be long enough to make a Simple knot. To tie this type of knot:
Take the roots in bunches of 2 to 5, twist them together and make a regular knot.
This method is not suitable for old carpets or carpets with short roots.
Double knot: This type of knot is made up of two knots on a carpet root bundle, which is tied on the roots by a thread of the kind of carpet tuft and its thickness to increase the cohesion of the carpet and prevent it from unraveling and falling apart.
The two-node method is usually performed on new carpets with long and healthy roots, and it is not possible for old rugs that have rotten and short roots. In this case, thread and needle should be used to create a double knot.
Chain node or window: This type of knot is usually used when the carpet has long roots. This knot is more decorative and is performed on exquisite rugs with silk threads. To do the chain knot:
Hold the hearts of the carpet in pairs (4 to 6) and tie them like a Simple knot.
At the bottom of the Simple knot, take three threads and tie a regular knot with three lines from a bunch of 6 along the smooth roots at a distance of 2 cm from the Simple knot.
Again, connect the extension of the seeds from the previous place and at a distance of 2 cm with the adjacent cores.
Finally, all the roots of the carpet will form a chain or window.
Using an embroidered wrapper
Embroidered wrapping is one of the traditional and old methods to protect the carpet root. In this method, a thick cloth made of metal or tarpaulin is used, and sometimes, a weaving machine is used to wrap the hearts of the carpet. For the embroidered wrapper:
The origins of the rug are folded and placed inside the relevant fabric.
Then, both sides of the material are sewn to the beginning of the carpet texture.
Note: The fabric used for the embroidered wrapper must be made of mesh cotton so that air can flow through it and prevent some chemical and physical damage to the roots of the carpet.
Is it right to use adhesive tape to protect the carpet root?
One of the standard methods among Iranian families to protect the carpet root is to use wide adhesive tape. Using adhesive tape to preserve the carpet’s sources is the wrong method. Although it seems to protect the carpet’s sources from contamination and decay, it should not be used for the following reasons:
- Tearing the carpet root is highly likely when changing the glue.
- The effect of the bond usually remains on the origins and does not disappear even with washing.
- As a result of moving on the carpet, the adhesive loses its properties and must be changed continuously.
- Chemical substances are used in the structure of the adhesives, which damage the roots of the carpet if used for a long time.
What should be done to whiten the roots of the carpet?
If the roots turn yellow after washing the carpet, remove this yellowness and whiten the origins:
- Make a mixture of warm water and carpet shampoo.
- Dip a handkerchief in this mixture and apply it to the origins of the carpet.
- Repeat this until the seeds are white and shiny.
- After bleaching the roots, open the door and windows so that they can dry quickly in the open air.