The Role of Myths in Iranian Handwoven Carpets
The concept of motifs in handwoven nomadic carpets
The correct way to fold the carpet
The correct way to fold the carpet effectively keeps it healthy. Rugs are essential in house decoration; they give homes warmth, intimacy and energy with their beautiful colors, designs and patterns. You may have often experienced that at the end of arranging the house, spreading small and large carpets gives the space color, shine, light and beauty.
Each carpet, with its color and design, has its tonality, originality and mystery, and it is so full of art and elegance that it should be treated correctly to fold the carpet. This is one of the most important things we must learn to deal with carpets. The proper way to wash rugs, sweep, move and generally maintain carpets, which are valuable goods, is highly effective in increasing their lifespan.
The correct way to fold the carpet for transportation
Prevent damage to the theropod of the carpet. Gathering and folding the rug incorrectly will break the taropod of your carpet and never return to its original shape. By correctly folding the rug, Iranian handwoven in-made carpets should be reduced to the smallest possible size. You may have seen many videos on properly folding a mat or consulted with experts in this field, but we provide comprehensive tips on properly folding a rug, which will help you fold your large mats Into small ones:
- First, carefully turn the carpet over and spread it flat flat.
- Fold the carpet lengthwise from one of the right or left edges to the size of a third.
- Fold the other edge so that one-third of the papani of the carpet is placed on the folded part, and the mat turns into a long and narrow rectangle.
- Straighten the carpet and find the direction of the rug, touching it with your hands. Then, unlike the carpet, fold a third of the width.
- Get off the carpet; Sit on your knees behind the folded part, fold a third of the folded piece in two steps, and continue this work until the mat becomes a small and voluminous rectangle.
- Tie the folded carpet well with a strong rope so it does not open along the way.
Folding the rug when you don’t need it
The correct way to fold a carpet for a purpose other than transportation can be slightly different. How to fold the rug differs for different purposes and depends on when you don’t need the mat. Carpets, whether handwoven, are expensive, and repairing them is costly if damaged. We advise you that if you do not need the mat for a while, do not fold it and place it in a corner for a long time, but roll it carefully. Rolling the rug is the right way to fold it for a long time. When moving the carpet, be careful not to compress the layers too much and observe the following:
- It is better to wrap the rolled carpet in a carpet cover, cellophane or a clean cloth to prevent dust from entering it. Of course, we recommend your material because plastic covers get sweaty sooner, and the carpet gets moldy in humidity.
- Put naphthalene on the carpet because even if you follow the correct way of folding the rug, other factors may damage your carpet.
- Do not leave the carpet alone. Go to your carpet occasionally; open the carpet roll so that both your carpet can breathe fresh, and you can check it well to relieve possible problems.
Other tips on carpet maintenance
In addition to folding the carpet, other factors are essential in protecting your carpet from damage. After you have collected your machine or handwoven with the correct way of folding the rug, you should place it in a suitable place where the temperature is not too high for storing the carpet. High ambient temperature will lower the quality of your carpet. The place where you keep the mat should not be damp in any way because it will destroy the color and shine of your carpet. Also, termites and willows, which love moist areas, can destroy handwoven handwoven eradicate you. Although the sunlight where the rug is keeps insects away, its direct exposure to your carpet can make it defective.
The importance of the correct way to fold a handmade carpet
They need more care due to their higher value, more demanding repair and more difficult weaving. Weavers weave their feelings, art, skill and ingenuity in handwoven theropod, giving these carpets meaning and elegance. The same art that waves in handwoven makes you try harder to take care of them and gain complete knowledge about the correct way to fold the carpet and take care of it. These noble and valuable handicrafts, which fill homes with energy, art and charm, also require care and attention.